Saturday, August 30, 2008

Summer Vacation

We have been gone 2 weeks in August and so much has happened in the past few months that I wanted to jot down a few things.
I decided that August is probably the best month to not be in Las Vegas and I couldn't pass up another Goleta trip with Aunt Barb.  This time I strung my mom along for the ride hoping to get some quality time with her and the kids.  I love being away from home, not worried about my work and home stuff.  Mom and I drove the kids down on Tuesday morning which became a terrible mistake.  Every parent knows that driving at NIGHT with kids is the best.  It has just taken me a few times to figure that out.  We spent every day at the beach and one day in Solvang.  Layla and Harley got to pick out a toy at the little old toy store there, just one of my little traditions starting the year before.  Everywhere we went Layla worked on her magnet paper doll set and Harley was busy with the new motorcycle he picked out.  My dad always had a few rules when the family went on vacation;  there's no such thing as Sunday and the money grows on trees.  I've tried to live by these rules and add a few of my own.  Anyway, it was so nice this year to be right next to the best free hotel breakfast ever and the pool.  It was really hard to be with the kids without James but it was still worth it.  One of the last nights my mom had me move the pack and play right onto the courtyard and it was the greatest idea ever.   Avery could be outside and I wouldn't have to be grossed out at the next thing she was licking or playing with.  Layla and Harley were always in the pool or at the beach.   We had the best time and the weather was pretty perfect.   James met me down there on Thursday night to spend one more day at the beach with him.  We came home Saturday, I worked another week and then took off again to be with the kids down in Oceanside, CA.  I forgot my camera that trip but wanted to jot a few things down.  Sorry no pictures.

No comments: